Get your summer zucchini fix in dishes that are good for you, too! Try light and healthy zucchini recipes for salads, pasta, stovetop suppers, grilled, desserts, stuffed and more. The creations are endless and delicious.
Here is one of them: Grilled Veggies with Mustard Vinaigrette. Make this healthy and inviting side dish whenever friends come over for a cookout. The honeyed vinaigrette lets the veggies shine.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large sweet onions
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 yellow summer squash
- 2 large sweet red peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Gradually whisk in oils until blended.
- Peel and quarter each sweet onion, leaving root ends intact. Cut zucchini and yellow squash lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices. Lightly spritz onions, zucchini, yellow squash and remaining vegetables with cooking spray, turning to coat all sides.
- Grill sweet onions, covered, over medium heat 15-20 minutes until tender, turning occasionally. Grill zucchini, squash and peppers, covered, over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender and lightly charred, turning once. Grill green onions, covered, 2-4 minutes or until lightly charred, turning once.
- Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces; place in a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve with remaining vinaigrette. Yield: 10 servings (3/4 cup each).