The health benefits of chicken include its good supply of protein content, the supply of essential vitamins and minerals, benefits in losing weight, cholesterol control, blood pressure control, and a reduced risk of cancer. Plus, with so many ways to prepare this plucky protein, you’re family won’t tire of chicken as a frequent weekly menu staple. Some benefits of eating chicken are:
1. High in protein
If you’re looking for a great source of lean, low fat protein, then you’re looking for chicken. The protein in chicken lends itself to muscle growth and development, and help support a healthy body weight and aid weight loss.
2. Prevents bone loss
If you’re entering your senior years and you’re concerned about Osteoporosis or arthritis, eating chicken will aid in your fight against bone loss thanks to the protein punch it packs!
3. Relieves stress
Chicken has two nutrients that are great for reducing stress – tryptophan and Vitamin B5. Both of them have a calming effect on your body and this makes chicken an excellent option after a stressful day. Also, it tastes great and that too adds to its stress releasing, happiness inducing properties.
Here is a healthy chicken breast for you. Enjoy it!
Lemon-Olive Grilled Chicken
- Cooking spray
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Prepare grill.
2. Coat grill with cooking spray. Place chicken on grill. Cook 5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through. Combine 1 teaspoon lemon rind with mustard; brush over chicken.
3. Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in the couscous. Remove from heat; cover, let stand 5 minutes.
4. In a bowl, combine remaining lemon rind, olives, and remaining ingredients. Stir couscous into olive mixture. Spoon onto 4 plates; top with chicken.
Grill this chicken then give it an appetizing upgrade by pairing it with a perfectly flavored lemon and olive mixture. It’s the perfect dish for summer!