Watermelons have become synonymous with summer and picnics, and for good reason. Their refreshing quality and sweet taste help to combat the heat and also provide a guilt-free, low maintenance dessert for kids and adults alike to enjoy.
However, given their health benefits, we should consider eating watermelons any time of the year, not just in the summer and in picnics. Here are some reasons why:
- watermelon is actually considered a nutrient dense food, a food that provides a high amount of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants for a low amount of calories.
- watermelon, because of its water and fiber content, helps to prevent constipation and promote regularity for a healthy digestive tract.
- made up of 92% water and full of important electrolytes, watermelon is a great snack to have on hand during the hot summer months to prevent dehydration.
- watermelon and watermelon juice have been shown to reduce muscle soreness and improve recovery time following exercise in athletes.
- watermelon is also great for your skin because it contains vitamin A, a nutrient required for sebum production that keeps hair moisturized. Vitamin A is also necessary for the growth of all bodily tissues, including skin and hair.
There are only a few reasons why watermelons should be present in your daily diet, not just in picnics.
Enjoy them! Have fun eating them! We are here to provide you with the best.