These Oven Baked Pork Chops are slathered in a tasty country-style rub using easy ingredients, then baked until golden and sticky. Add some baked potatoes and vegetables, and you’ve got a fabulous one tray meal. So fast and easy to prepare, you can make this tonight with any pork chops. Marinating is optional.
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (or white)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or vegetable or canola oil)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200C / 390F (fan forced / convection) or 220C / 430F (standard oven).
- Toss potatoes in oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Scatter on baking tray.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes (giving them a head start).
- Meanwhile, mix the Rub ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Slather the pork on both sides with the Rub, reserving some Rub for basting.
- Take the tray out of the oven. Place pork on the tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove tray from oven, spoon over reserved rub on the surface then bake for a further 10 minutes (or 15 minutes for large chops ~ 350g/12oz).
- Take tray out of the oven, flick to grill/broiler on high.
- Use a brush to get the golden juices off the tray (especially around pork) and dab it onto the pork – this is key for flavour and colour!
- Pop pork under grill/broiler for a few minutes until pork is caramelized and golden.
- Serve, scraping the juices on the tray onto the pork, then garnish with parsley if desired.