- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (divided)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (divided)
- 2 ounces thin spaghetti (uncooked, broken into 2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1/2 cup basmati rice (uncooked)
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (freshly, divided)
- 1/4 cup roasted hazelnuts (chopped)
- 24 ounces cod fillets
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 teaspoon oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; swirl until butter melts. Add pasta; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add stock, rice, 3/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to pan; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat, and simmer until liquid is absorbed (about 15 minutes). Fluff rice mixture with a fork. Top with hazelnuts.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle fish with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add fish to pan; cook 1 minute. Turn over; place pan in oven. Bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove fish from pan; keep warm. Wipe out pan with paper towels (do not rinse).
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter; swirl until butter melts. Cook 1 minute or until butter begins to brown. Stir in juice. Drizzle butter mixture over fish. Serve with rice mixture and lemon wedges, if desired.