Whether you decide to purchase our homemade kebabs or whether you choose to make your own, we’ve got you covered. Essentially, kebabs are considered by so many cultures a summer delight and they are a great food to put at the table to entertain family and friends on nice summer evenings.
An important thing to remember is that they are easy and quick to make, as versatile as they are delicious! It’s all up to you. Here are a few tips:
- Choose your meat (unless you choose to have a vegetarian one, which is also a great choice). Select cuts with some amount of fat, like flatiron beef steaks, lamb shoulder, chicken thighs, or pork shoulder. If you thinly slice the meat before grilling, it’ll be cooked through and tender in minutes.
- Choose your vegetables. Choose quick-cooking vegetables: you don’t want your meat to suffer while you wait for chunks of vegetables to soften. To speed things along, cut sturdy produce like onions and peppers into thin pieces or wedges. Pineapples are also great!
- Build your flavour (check one of our posts for ideas for flavoured kebab sauce). Oh, and make extra to sprinkle on everything from chicken wings to slabs of eggplant.
- Start grilling! To cook, prepare your grill for medium-high heat. Brush skewers with oil and season with your preferred blend, then grill, turning often, until lightly charred and cooked to your liking. Most cuts will be done in about 5–7 minutes.
- Invite friends and family and SERVE alongside rice or summery greens such as zucchini, red onion, mushroom, pepper, eggplant or your favourite salad.