Don’t have a lot of time for breakfast? Make an avocado and egg toast. It is quick and easy and makes for a delicious and healthy breakfast.
One of the favourite combinations for breakfast in general is avocado and eggs and they both happen to be great, healthy breakfasty foods.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 organic free range eggs
- 2 slices of Ezekiel toast
- 1 tsp. earth balance spread
- salt and pepper to taste
- First you’ll want to cook your eggs in boiling water until they are softly poached.
- Pop your bread into the toaster and toast until golden brown. Once toasted, go ahead and spread your earth balance spread (you can skip this part as the avocado is very buttery)
- Mash up your avocado using a fork and then spread on top of your buttered Ezekiel toast.
- Finally, top your avocado toast with the poached eggs and grind some fresh ground pepper and sea salt.