Looking for a simple fish dinner? With little prep involved, this is a great last-minute, easy dinner for the family. You can use any firm white fish: cod, haddock, or grouper work well. The breading is not too overwhelming, but adds a delicious crunch. Serve it with leafy greens or thinly sliced oven baked potatoes.
Baked Fish Fillets
- 1 1/2 pounds grouper or other white fish fillets
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place fish in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine lime juice, mayonnaise, onion powder, and pepper in a small bowl, and spread over fish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs; drizzle with butter. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley.
Notes: Haddock or cod would make good substitutes for the grouper. Adjust the baking time depending on the thickness of the fish.