Have many hectic weeknights? Still, you want to cook your family a healthy, hearty, and delicious meal. A stew full of not only chicken but carrots, onion, peas, sausage, mushrooms, mixed veggies and a smattering of herbs and spices may be what you and your loved ones are looking for.
Here’s a simple, yet tasty recipe to your heart’s content, inspired by the Romanian cuisine! Bon appétit!
- 1 chicken breast
- 800 g canned peas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped in cubes
- 200 g (1 cup) tomato paste
- 30 g (2 tablespoons) flour
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) oil
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, heat the oil and cook the onion until translucent.
- Add the chicken breast and cook it until it’s no longer pink.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the tomato paste, then add water gradually, until it becomes thin enough to be poured.
- Add the carrots.
- Drain the canned peas, then add them to the skillet.
- Add the tomato paste mixture, plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with water and let everything simmer until the tomato paste sauce thickens.