It’s not the first time we feature salmon and the reason is very simple: it makes it the best choice to fight inflammation, improves brain function, protects your heart, and reaps all the other awesome benefits that come from balancing your omega-3:omega-6 ratio. Salmon is also high in vitamins and minerals which are critical for your health, and hard to find in other foods.Need a simple, balanced meal to whip up after work for you and your sweetie tonight? With a simple, tangy and savory marinade, this salmon melds beautifully on the pan with maple-roasted sweet potatoes and carrots. The oven does most of the work. All you have to do is whip up a marinade of maple syrup, Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar for the salmon, and drizzle some maple syrup on your sweet potatoes. That little bit of work pays off in big, bold flavors for a deceptively sophisticated dinner.
One-Pan Salmon Dinner for two
- 2 salmon fillets
- 3-4 sweet potatoes
- 3-4 carrots
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- pepper and salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.Chop up 3-4 sweet potatoes into large chunks.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil and drizzle with 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes bake, carefully slice 3-4 carrot in half lengthwise.
- When sweet potatoes are ready, add carrots to pan and drizzle with 1 tbsp of maple syrup. Place pan back into oven for another 15 minutes. While sweet potatoes and carrots bake, make marinade.
- Add 1/4 cup maple syrup, dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar to a small bowl. Mix.
- When vegetables are ready, add salmon to pan and drizzle with marinade. Bake for another 15 minutes.