Portion control is key when it comes to foods like pasta. You can be healthy and still eat pasta–just make sure you eat a big serving of salad on the side. Here’s a suggestion for a Healthy Pasta with Spicy crab (or any white fish).
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Fresno chiles, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb(s) jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1 lb(s) spaghetti, cooked al dente, drained; 1 cup of pasta cooking water reserved
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped dill
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the canola oil in a large high-sided saute pan over medium heat. Add the chiles and garlic and cook until soft and the garlic is pale golden brown. Add the wine and cook until reduced. Add the crab and cook until just heated through.
- Add the pasta and some of the cooking water to the pan and cook for another minute. Stir in the parsley, dill, mint, lemon zest. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
via Food Network